Wednesday 22 July 2015

Improving Service Quality

I'm working on a tool to help universities measure and improve the quality of their professional services.

My idea is to develop a maturity matrix (see here for an example of one relating to quality management), which shows the different elements of service quality, and the different stages of development. It's an approach which is familiar in IT, and many thanks to my various IT colleagues who have helped me to learn about the approach.

As a first step, I'm hoping to articulate the different elements which make up service quality - the Y axis of the matrix. I've written a first draft, which is available here, and on which I'd really appreciate any comments or feedback which people may have.

My aim is to create a framework which anyone can use, so it will need to be on some sort of creative commons license. I'm not asserting copyright on the draft, but I am saying that if anyone uses it or subsequent drafts, please share it on the same terms and attribute the source. I will want to use the framework commercially (I have to earn a living!), and I wouldn't want to rule out anyone else doing so, but equally the more feedback there is, the better it will be for all.

Please let me know what you think of the draft. Full acknowledgement will be given to those who help develop it, on the understanding that your comments are given freely and without copyright. If you'd be interested in working more closely with me in developing this framework, I'd love to hear from you.

You can post comments on the draft elements as a reply to this blog post (and it would be great if you did, as then a conversation could start!), or email me: hugh @ hughjonesconsulting.co.uk.

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hugh, this is an interesting piece of work and one which is very timely. I have a couple of comments which I'm happy to provide details via email if you're interested.

    Best wishes

    Claire Povah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire

      Thanks - I'd very much appreciate that. My email is hugh @ hughjonesconsulting.co.uk - look forward to hearing from you!

      Hugh

      Delete