Wednesday 8 February 2017

I'm writing a book ...

I think it’s time to write a book. That sentence was easy to write; I expect it’ll get harder.

My first decision is the topic, and I’d like your help. I’ve got two possible subjects in mind, and it’d be great to hear which you think is the best.

The first topic is about the future for professional services in universities. We know that change is always a constant, but at the moment, with changes in HE policy and funding; changes in technology; and changes in society, it seems like there's a lot we don;t really have a handle on. So what do you need to know now that will help you over the next twenty years or so?

The second topic is about re-organisations in universities. Sometimes it can feel like the ink doesn’t dry on an organisation chart before it's changing again. So why do these happen? What can you do if you’re being re-organised? And if you have to lead a re-organisation, how do you make it work?

I’ve set up a (very) short survey, and I’d like to know which of these you think is the best. Or perhaps there’s another topic you’d rather see. If you’d like to hear more as I write, that’d be great too – please let me know.

You can take part in the survey here.

Please let colleagues know about the survey – the more voices, the better the final choice …

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment